When baking, follow directions.
When cooking, go by your own taste.


asiadeli
Custom Search

Tom Kha Gai : Thai Recipe

Asian Recipes

This Tom Kha Gai or Chicken Coconut Soup works with chicken, fish and seafood such as crab, squid or shrimp.
Ingredients:

2 cups of coconut milk
6 thin slices of galangal
2 stalks of lemon grass (cut into 1 inch strips and crush)
5 fresh kaffir lime leaves (torn in half, not cut)
250 g of boneless chicken
100 grams oyster mushrooms
5 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of coriander leaves
10 Thai chillies (Prik Khee Hnuu)


Method:

Combine half the coconut milk with the galangal, lemon grass and lime leaves in a large saucepan and heat to boiling. Add the chicken, fish sauce, mushrooms, chillies and sugar.

Simmer for about 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. Add the remaining coconut milk to the saucepan and heat just to boiling.

Place the lime juice in a serving bowl then pour the soup into the serving bowl.

Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve.


asiadeli
Tiny Three Hearts Pink Divider

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks really good! I am a foodie and will try just about anything once! I am a new follower from the blog hop and I am following you thru GFC and Twitter. I cannot follow thru FB right now and its a long story so please check out my post dated August 20th on the Weekend Blog Hops. As soon as they take care of it I can follow. I will leave it up to you if you want to follow me now or wait until I can follow you first. Either way I understand. Follow what you can and I will be happy! Thanks so much and have a great day!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

Jessica Thompson said...

Haha, that's great!

Copper Brick Road
PhotobucketJust Married with Coupons
Busy Mom's Tips Tuesday Blog Hop Happy Go Lucky
Photobucket Smart and Trendy MomsBlog Hops Everyday Friday Blog Hop

  © Blogger template Psi Modified by Astra 2008

Back to TOP