For this fried rice dish, it is important to use the freshest prawns.The prawns give the fried rice a nice seafood flavour and comes with a natural sweetness which cannot be substituted with the use of any form of seasoning.
* 3 rice bowls of cooked white rice
* 1 rice bowl measure of medium prawns (shelled and cut into smaller pieces)
* ½ rice bowl measure of carrots (diced small)
* ½ rice bowl measure of French beans (diced small)
* 3 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
* 4 shallots (sliced thinly)
* 3 large eggs
* 4 tablespoons cooking oil
* 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* Salt and white pepper powder to taste
Heat oil in wok on and fry shallots on medium heat till golden brown. Remove and set aside fried shallots.
Add garlic, carrots and French beans and stir well for a minute. Add prawns and stir well till prawns turn red. Push ingredients aside by making a well.
Add a tablespoon of oil in the center and break eggs into the oil. Once eggs are semi-cooked, add rice and push ingredients into it.
Stir evenly and press rice to separate grains from one another. Add seasoning. Fry the rice for about 3 minutes and until the seasoning is evenly distributed.
Dish out and garnish with fried shallots.