* 350 grammes of beef flank or tender slices
* 8 slices of old ginger (have more if you are using young ginger)
* 5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
* 3 stalks spring onions (cut to 6 cm lengths)
* 30 ml warm water
* Corn starch (add 1 tablespoon corn flour to 3 tablespoons of water and mix well)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons Cooking oil (palm oil)
* 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
* Salt to taste
* a dash of white pepper powder
* a dash of black pepper powder
Heat oil in wok and fry ginger till aromatic. Add garlic and continue to saute till beginning to brown. Add beef and spring onions and stir fry whilst adding seasoning.
Stir fry till beef changes colour like above. Finally, add about 2 tablespoons of corn starch and stir well prior to serving.
Add water gradually if it too dry. If you added too much water, add a bit of corn starch to thicken the gravy. Serve hot with white rice.