Simple, creamy and delectable medley of dhal with onion and ginger-garlic paste gives an aromatic flavour to the recipe.
* 1 cup dhal/white lentils, washed and soaked for an hour
* 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
* 1 Green chili, slit length-wise and deseeded
* ½ tbsp Red chili powder
* ¼ Turmeric powder
* ½ tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
* 6-9 fresh Curry leaves
* 2-3 springs fresh Coriander leaves
* Pressure cook dhal with a drop of oil and turmeric powder until soft but not mushy.
* In a heavy bottom cooking vessel add oil and when the oil gets heated up add onions and green chili. Fry till onions are translucent.
* Now add curry leaves and fry for another 2 minutes. To this add ginger-garlic paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
* When the ginger-garlic paste start to change color, lower the flame and add boiled dhal, red chili powder and salt.
* Gently mix the ingredients using a spoon. Cool covered for another 2-3 minutes.
* Sprinkle chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with piping hot rotis.