3/4 heaped rice bowl rice, washed and drained
75g ginger, shredded
1 stalk spring onion
Image by Oranje via Flickr
- Debone and shred or cut chicken into small pieces.
- Put the chicken bones in a pot and add 21/2 rice bowls of water. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bones and cool the chicken stock.
- Add rice and chicken flesh into stock and heat again.
- Boil until rice grains break open. The porridge should be just watery. If not, add some water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to boil again. remove from heat.
- To serve, scoop porridge into a bowl, add some shredded ginger, spring onion, a shake of pepper and a few drops sesame oil.