- 1 carrot, 1 potato, 1 onion – all peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Malay curry powder
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 or 4 sheets of puff pastry
- Enough vegetable oil for deep frying.
- Cut vegetables into small pieces. Mix curry powder and paprika with water to form a paste. Add the 2 Tbsp. oil to wok and heat. Add curry paste and curry leaves and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables and cook for 3 minutes or so.
- Add ½ cup water, cover and cook over low heat until water is evaporated.
- Add sugar and salt, stir, and let cool
- Cut circles from the puff pastry of about 4 inches in diameter. Place a spoonful of filling in the middle of each puff pastry circle. Moisten edge of pastry with a little water and fold over to form a crescent shape. Press edges together.
- Heat oil in wok and deep fry curry puffs until golden. Drain and serve. Makes approximately 10 servings.