Asparagus is a really healthy vegetable.As you prepare the asparagus spears, gently remove the thin layer of skin using your fingernails. It’s not easy but you’ll get the hang of it. You can skip this process but you may get too much stringy fibre between your teeth when you chew on them.
* 250 grammes of asparagus (cut to 4 or 5cm lengths)
* about 5 to 10 medium sized prawns (remove shell with tail intact, devein)
* 4 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
* 30 ml warm water
* 2 tablespoons palm oil
* 1 teaspoon of light soya sauce
* a pinch of salt
* a dash or two of white pepper powder
Heat oil in wok on high heat. Saute garlic till beginning to brown. Add prawns and stir till begins to turn red. Add asparagus and seasoning.
Stir well and add water. Cover lid for 30 seconds to a minute. Check to ensure that dish does not dry out. Add a little bit more water if it is dried out. Asparagus should be cooked in less than 2 minutes with just a little gravy to keep the dish moist.