Fried Minced Beef Ball or Begedil Daging are served on its own, with rice or soto (a malaysian/Indonesian rice cake soup with shredded chicken). Begedil Daging is soft and melts in your mouth once its eaten. Besides beef, it can be substituted with chicken, fish or crab meat. It's simple and very easy to make. Suitable for those who need fast recipes to catch the busy lifestyle.
500gm Minced beef
400gm Potato(boiled and mashed)
20gm Red Chilli(chopped)
500gm Cooking oil
50gm Chinese celery
40gm Fried shallots
5gm White pepper
1. Stir-fry minced beef until dry. Leave aside.
2. Place mashed potatoin abowl and mix with minced beef. Season well.
3. Add in sliced Chinese celery and fried shallot. Mix well.
4. Roll the mixture into a small, round-shaped cake.
5. Dip beef cake in beaten eggs and deep-fry until golden brown.